College Board is launching its Opportunity Scholarships program to award $25 million a year in scholarships. Each year 4,000 students in 11th and 12th grades will qualify for college scholarships ranging from $500 up to $2000, by taking any of six important steps that help students stay on track for college applications. At least half of the scholarships will go to families with annual incomes under $60,000.
The six steps are:
- Building a college list at BigFuture.collegeboard.com
- Practicing for the SAT on Khan Academy
- Improving their SAT score by at least 100 points
- Strengthening their college list
- Completing the FAFSA
- Applying to colleges on their list
Students who complete all six of these steps will be entered into a final drawing, where 25 winners will each receive a $40,000 scholarship.
For more information, go to the College Board website.